10.25.2007

AVAM - Finally!

Kasimir and I went to the American Visionary Art Museum FOR THE FIRST TIME last Friday. This is utterly shameful. We've lived in Baltimore for years and never gotten around to going. I admit I expected it to be neat, but that's about it, but the museum totally rocked me. The work that is there is so moving and personal, you are almost peaking into someones soul. I loved it.

The have a special exhibition going on now called All Faiths Beautiful which shows work that explores people ideas, hopes, and relationships with whatever god they worship. Part of this exhibition includes hundreds of postcards from Postsecret. I consider this the most moving part of the exhibition - you are literally reading people's secrets. I'll admit some of them made me cry.

No comments: